Feliz Navidad!

     Merry Christmas everyone!  Hopefully all of you readers are spending it with the best people in your lives and getting all of the toys and gifts you asked for!  I figured I would post a few quick notes on what has been going on.  Ms. Torres has published a book full of great Christmas poetry: J and K Christmas 2014.  I myself am thankful to have been allowed to make a contribution to it.  Before this Christmas season, not once did I ever see myself writing any kind of poetry.  I am forever honored that Ms. Torres let me get involved.  J and K Christmas 2014 is now available on Amazon, and I urge you all to check it out.

 
     I spent the day before Christmas Eve with some relatives who live not too far from me.  One of my relatives is confined to a medical bed, thanks to some effects from cancer.  I wanted to make this the best Christmas ever for him, so I gave him about 30 horror films from the late 70s/early 80s. Undoubtedly a big highlight. I'm glad to have a fellow slasher fan in him.  On the receiving end, I got a Wii U bundle that came with New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U....however,  I didn't take long to obtain 100% completion on NSMBU.  I have to say, it is the most beautiful 2D Mario game produced, no contest. 

   
      Another huge highlight is getting to see my great friend, Jessica Bradley, a fellow country music fan. This is the first time since we graduated from high school all those years ago that we got to see each other.  I had a blast doing some Christmas Eve shopping with her and her family.  She also provided a few pleasant surprises, and let's just say she knows me real well.


     Anyways, it's time to get back to the festivities.  I leave our readers with a couple of Christmas carols.  The first one is by the Court Yard Hounds, who of course are Emily Robinson and Martie McGwire from the Dixie Chicks.


     This one is a take on the old C.W. McCall song that was released in 1975.  Paul had done a remake in 2004 for his album, This Time Around.  This Christmas take was recorded a couple of years later for his 2006 Christmas album, A Gift.

 


Comments

Popular Posts