Billy Joel New York state of mind

In two days it would have already been a month since Tristian passed away. It still feels like it just happened. I dedicate this song to him tonight. Not only because we had so many night conversations (in fact most of our conversations were at night) but because he wanted to come out here to my city. He wanted to visit me in Staten Island. We spoke of me showing him around. He wanted to escape all the stress of Arkansas and he promised that somehow he would find a way to get here. Money was the biggest obstacle that prevented his coming. I wish I could have paid his way but money was an issue for me as well. Now, I can only wonder what if. However, he's with me in spirit so that brings him to the city. He was in that New York state of mind.

Comments

Popular Posts