Music Choice Sounds of the Season has become one of my favorite channels to listen to Christmas music during the holiday season. For the last five or six years I find myself in excitement when the music begins to play on November 1, and it plays until January 6. One may ask what makes Music Choice Sounds of the Season so special. Well for starters, I have discovered Christmas music that goes way back, and I do mean way back. Spike Jones and Shirley Temple are two singers (well Spike Jones Shirley was the child star who sang during some of her shows) whose music is not generally heard in any radio station, but I've heard them on Music Choice. Some of these songs are so nostalgic, and they give me that warm feeling when I hear them from year to year.

Some songs are hard to find especially for purchase. "Christmas is a time" by Lou Rawls is a great example. I even discovered a beautiful classical rendition of Feliz Navidad that is played by Michael Carney. This song has been hard to find especially considering that it is not on popular sites like itunes, Amazon or even YouTube. I can't say how far back the song goes, but not finding it even online indicates that it's not only an old tune, but rare as well. The only information I saw was that it came from an album titled Golden Christmas Memories. Just reading the title of this album had me feeling warm and nostalgic. More than anything else this is why I love listening to Music Choice Sounds of the Season. It has become a part of my tradition so I hope they keep playing it every year. Every time I listen to it, I feel like I'm in good company because it feels like I'm listening to singers from different decades, and the rare music takes me back to times I wasn't even born yet.

Another thing I love about Music Choice is the trivia they share though they do this with every Music Choice Channel. Music Choice covers music from all the decades, and they play songs in English, Spanish and of different genres. Sounds of the Season play different music throughout the year depending on the holiday (As of this writing they are playing Oktoberfest music) but it is certainly one of my favorite channels on Music Choice. Do you have a Music Choice channel you love? Sounds of the Season is special especially during Christmas time.

Comments

Popular Posts