I don't receive Christmas gifts very often, and it didn't look like this year would be any exception. I won't say that with bitterness since there have been some Christmases where I received a gift or so after Christmas day. In fact whether I receive one gift or a couple of gifts, I normally wouldn't see them until after Christmas. I didn't expect anything this year, but I would be happily surprised with the wonderful gift pictured below. My oldest sister Carmen brought me this chirping birdie, or as the box called it "Electric Bird Chirper." I was not only surprised by this present, I was touched and thrilled too. This was the chirper my father used to add to his tree every year, well our tree, but since he was the one who always fixed our tree, I still call it his tree. I casually mentioned this chirper on my Facebook Christmas page a few months ago. I was nostalgic about it, so my sister decided to surprise me, after a long search.  It already became one of my most treasured, and nostalgic Christmas gifts. If it's the thought that counts like they often say, then I loved my sister's thoughts with this gift.

Comments

Popular Posts