Sly & The Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime (Official Audio)

Good morning. This song fits the mood as the days get warmer. As a kid in school, I dreamed of summer fun. I dreamed of the beach, park and summer vacation. More than anything summer represented an escape from the school bullies, I dealt with on a daily basis especially during junior high school. This song has that touch of melancholy that saddens me. It has that touch of sadness and makes me reflectful. Now with Tristian's passing I have felt that more. It gets me thinking of the past and of my loved ones gone from my Dad and others. And of course there is summer time coming. Not much has changed with summer except now I stay in for the most part. But there was a time I couldn't get enough of the beach and the ocean.

Comments

Popular Posts