#1 - Wham - Careless Whisper



To conclude my 80's countdown I'll go with another Wham song. Careless

Whisper a very popular ballad one of my very favorites as was the duo of

George Michaels and Andrew Ridgeley who were riding high as Wham (as

mentioned earlier) This song is also in their Make it Big album, and the video for

it was considered somewhat erotic for the 1980's. I loved it however it was

a shocking conclusion for me and my girlfriends at the time or maybe speaking more for

myself because being a teenager at the time, the words of the song are all about a dance, and

how it goes wrong so I innocently don't follow its true meaning even though I slowly catch on

when the video and song become the talk in school. Naturally the video becomes the talk for

us as well. (the man, the affair) Despite this however the song is very successful - becoming a commercial success. It hits number one, and its probably safe to call it one of their most remembered songs of that time.





Well that does conclude my countdown. I thank Tristian for allowing me the

opportunity to post these videos from my teen years but I do apologize that it

took so long for me to finish them. It was fun however, and it brought back so

many memories of a great time in music. To this day I constantly read many You

Tube comments from people wishing they were around in the 80's or wishing

they'd been around 80's music. As for the countdown I know I left out a share

of artists, like Hall and Oates, Wang Chung, The Police, Lionel Richie, Diana Ross,

The Thompson Twins, among others, but I've seen some 80's lists that listed 100

songs, so 30 is probably a small list in comparison. I chose songs that I

remembered clearly, songs that I enjoyed, and songs that I loved, but that I knew

where important during the era as well. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I

enjoyed putting it together. Feel free to leave any feedback on whether you agree

or don't agree or who would have chosen or left out. It truly was a pleasure

working on this, as I consider myself fortunate to have grown up during that time

in music.

Comments

Popular Posts