#2 - Michael Jackson - Thriller





Who was bigger than Michael Jackson especially during the 80's?

 I already pointed out that his album thriller is the biggest selling record of all

time. While I prefer his song Human Nature I certainly can't leave this video

out of this countdown. For one I remember watching it in what was then known

as Junior High School in one of those big TV's with VCR's they used to bring

to the classrooms. I got a big kick out of the mini movie this video actually was.

It was a very good song, with a video with so much entertainment. Like so many

of the 80's videos this one told a story except this one really was that mini movie.

This had a little off everything excitement, romance, some mini horror, truth to say

I was captivated from the scene in the theater to Michael's singing to co-star Ola

Ray, to Vincent Price's recital this had a little of everything. Of course I don't

have to mention the success of this song. The video lasted 14 minutes which

was longer than the song, and it has inspired many singers into trying such long

storytelling videos till this day. Thriller stands the test of time as a true classic.

 I

Comments

Popular Posts